WEST END CEMENT BRICKS (Pty.) Ltd.
“Customer” means any individual or business 11. All products should be installed in accordance
that purchases the goods or services produced with an Engineer’s specification and with the
by a business. applicable SABS standard. West End does not
“West End” means WEST END CEMENT BRICKS undertake to supply any technical advice, and
(Pty.) Ltd. Registration No. 1999 / 001144 / 07. should it do so, it does not warrant the correctness
thereof. No warranty shall be made by West End
CONDITIONS regarding the suitability of the product supplied for
1. West End will not be bound by any terms and any application whatsoever.
conditions other than these terms and conditions. 12. It is the Customer’s responsibility to ensure that the
2. All orders accepted by West End shall be binding correct product is purchased from West End, in order
on the Customer and may not be cancelled to meet the Customer’s requirements.
without obtaining West End consent in writing. 13. The liability of West End in terms of any claim lodged
3. The ownership of the goods shall remain vested in against West End by the Customer, or any other
West End until the purchase price is fully paid. party, shall be limited to the net invoiced value of the
4. The Customer shall take full responsibility for the product supplied. West End shall not be held liable for
loading and transportation of the goods purchased for any labour cost incurred.
from West End when making use of an external 14. Unless specifically agreed to by West End in writing,
carrier (transporter). delivery dates quoted are an estimate and are not
5. All claims made by the customer must be in contractual obligations.
writing addressed to West End within Ten (10) 15. The Customer shall take responsibility to check the
days of the receipt of the goods. Failing to do so, details on the quote as well as the order and notify
West End shall not recognise any such claim. West End in writing if there are any mistakes. All
6. West End shall not take responsibility for efforts will be made to record the customers
Efflorescence, which is a characteristic of products instruction accurately.
with a high cement content. 16. Where goods are delivered other than West End’s
7. No claim shall be accepted where there is a variation own transport, the carrier is deemed to be the
in colour from a sample or marketing material. Customer’s agent. Any claims for short delivery, non-
Colour and shades of products may vary. delivery or damage must be made to the carrier by the
8. Under no circumstances shall products that have Customer.
been unpacked or installed be accepted for return 17. A signed delivery note shall constitute prima facie proof
or credit. The transport cost for the returns shall be that the goods have been delivered to and received by the
for the customer’s account. Customer in good condition, whether signed by the Customer,
9. A Customer claim shall be logged and investigated an employee, an agent or representative of the Customer.
only if the invoice and delivery note stipulates that 18. The Customer hereby indemnifies West End against any
the product is a A-grade SABS product. claim which may be made against West End by any other
10. Under no circumstances shall a claim be accepted person in respect of any matter for which the liability of
if the invoice and delivery note state that the product West End is excluded in terms of the foregoing.
is a B-grade (Non-SABS) product.